The Nelson Tasman region is reknown for it’s golden beaches, pristine forests, art & culture and adventure activities.
- Nelson Provincial Museum – http://www.nelsonmuseum.co.nz/
The Nelson Provincial Museum is situated right in the heart of the City and offers a great insight into the past and the history that has helped shape this amazing region.
- Pic’s Peanut Butter Factory Tour – http://picspeanutbutter.com/tours/
A true blue success story, Pic’s have taken on the world (of peanut butter makers) and they are doing a fantastic job. A combination of a first class product, which they will let you taste, and really clever marketing has seen them start a bit of a revolution.
- Nelson Saturday Market – http://www.nelsonmarket.co.nz/-saturday.html
World famous in New Zealand, well at least the South Island, the Saturday market is a fantastic mix of food, crafts, clothes and things you probably didn’t even know existed.
It is always a good day out and often spoken about as a highlight by many travellers.
- Nelson Stand Up Paddle Board Hire – http://www.moananzsup.co.nz/hire.cfm
Meet the team behind Moana NZ Stand Up Paddle boards, these guys will teach you how to look graceful atop of one of their super cool boards.
The calm waters at Tahunanui Beach makes it the perfect place to have a go at stand up paddle boarding
- Centre of New Zealand Walk – http://nelson.govt.nz/recreation/recreation/parks-and-reserves/centre-of-nz/
Now that you have made it here to our region you might as well make the most of this photo opportunity.
A gentle climb will take you to the geographical centre of New Zealand which is marked with a monument and has stunning views across the city and out to sea. We will let you in on a secret, it makes for a pretty good photo.
Between Nelson and Motueka
- The Great Taste Trail – http://www.newzealand.com/int/feature/great-taste-trail/
A great way to see a bit more of our region is to jump on a bike and ride the Great Taste Trail. As the name implies, there are plenty of opportunities along the way to enjoy the very best of produce and products from the area.
- Icon Art Gallery and Sculpture Garden – http://www.iconartpark.com/
If you are looking to get some art and culture packed in to your itinerary the Icon Art Gallery and Sculpture Garden will give you plenty to explore. Featuring work by local and national artists there is something to inspire almost everyone.
- Neudorf Winery Tasting – http://www.neudorf.co.nz/
The Neudorf Winery has won many awards and we can understand why. We suggest you get dropped off as you are most likely not going to want to leave.
You will not only love the wine, the surroundings and the setting is something very special too.
- Golden Bear Brewery Tour – http://www.goldenbearbrewing.com/
As craft breweries go, this one has a very special feature, it’s location. Right in the heart of Mapua’s wharf district with stunning views across the estuary.
It is the perfect place to sit back and enjoy a couple of cold ones or have a look around the brewery.
- Skydive Abel Tasman – http://www.skydive.co.nz/
Discover New Zealand’s most scenic skydive with the team who go the extra mile to make your experience one to savour for a lifetime! Yes that’s us!
- Gecko Cinema – http://www.geckotheatre.co.nz/
Absolutely a hidden little gem. The Gecko is loved by the locals and you will feel right at home. If you are looking for something a bit different and you enjoy a good movie, we would definitely recommend you visit the Gecko Cinema.
- Motueka Sunday Market – http://motuekasundaymarket.co.nz/
Every Sunday morning you will see something strange happening in Motueka, everyone starts heading to the reserve in the middle of town. For many of us it has become a ritual, we go to enjoy the atmosphere but we never leave hungry. If you are here on a Sunday, you should join us, you will love it.
- Motueka Salt Water Baths – http://www.tasman.govt.nz/recreation/parks-reserves/parks-and-reserves-locations/saltwater-baths-motueka/
An Iconic Motueka landmark which not only is an practical alternative to the beach but also provides some of the area’s most spectacular sunrises so if you are an avid photographer we would highly recommend you get up early.
Between Motueka and the Abel Tasman
- Riwaka Resurgence – http://www.doc.govt.nz/parks-and-recreation/places-to-go/nelson-tasman/places/kahurangi-national-park/things-to-do/tracks/riwaka-resurgence/
Beautiful bush walk to the source of the Riwaka River. The water emerges from under the Takaka hill and creates cool and absolutely stunning clear pools of water.
The locals have been known to have a dip, but be warned – penguins would find the water cold.
- Kaiteriteri Mountain Bike Park – http://www.kaiteriterimtbpark.org.nz/
Scattered throughout the Kaiteriteri forest is a waste network of trails of varying degrees of difficulty.
Trail Journeys have bike hire available at Kaiteri Lodge and Kimi Ora Eco Resort. For all enquiries phone 0800 CYCLE TRAILS (0800292538)
- Wilsons Abel Tasman – https://www.abeltasman.co.nz/a-day/sea-kayak/
Offer a full range of services from boat cruise to kayak to guided walk to accommodation.
- Kaiteriteri Kayak – http://www.seakayak.co.nz/
Based at stunning Kaiteriteri Beach these guys have always had a focus on not just beautiful but fun experiences.
- R&R Kayaks –https://www.rrkayaks.co.nz/
A newer business, however, the owners have more experience than most. They grew up in the area and have spent years guiding in the National Park.
- Abel Tasman Kayaks – http://www.abeltasmankayaks.co.nz/
Probably the biggest of the kayak companies that operate in the Abel Tasman National Park, they offer a vast range of trip and hire options.
- Kahu Kayaks – http://www.kahukayaks.co.nz/
These local boys decided to start a kayak company and wouldn’t you know it they are really good at what they do. Relaxed and calm with a bit of a laugh.
- Abel Tasman Paddleboarding http://www.abeltasmanpaddleboarding.co.nz/
When it comes to relaxing and enjoying life these guys have it sorted, check them out.
- Abel Tasman SUP http://www.abeltasmansup.co.nz/
They love their office and it shows, based in Marahau on the edge of the National Park.
- Kaiteriteri Kayak – http://www.seakayak.co.nz/stand-up-paddle-boarding/
These guys will have you set up for fun in Kaiteriteri or in the National park itself.
- Abel Tasman Sea Shuttle –http://abeltasmanseashuttles.co.nz/
Operate larger super comfortable purpose built catamarans and take you wherever you want to go in the National Park.
- Wilsons Abel Tasman – https://www.abeltasman.co.nz/a-day/abel-tasman-boats-cruises-water-taxis/
Offer everything from one way tickets to overnight stay and activity packages.
- Abel Tasman Aqua Taxi –http://aquataxi.co.nz/
Operate a large fleet of 18 seater comfortable powerboats offering cruises and transfers while taking you to the hidden gems of the park.
- Marahau Water Taxi – http://marahauwatertaxis.co.nz/
Marahau Water Taxi runs water transportation services in the Abel Tasman National Park all year round.
Boat tours or charters
- Abel Tasman Charters – http://www.abeltasmancharters.co.nz/
Take a day cruise with a local, soak up their knowledge and enjoy the relaxed pace.
- Kaiteriteri Boat Charters – http://kaiteriteriboatcharter.co.nz/
These guys offer private charters and fishing trips tailored to your wishes
- Abel Tasman Sailing Adventures – http://www.sailingadventures.co.nz/
Give these guys a call if you want to explore the Abel Tasman the peaceful, quiet, relaxing way.
- Abel Tasman Eco Tours – http://abeltasmanecotours.co.nz/
You should learn something new every day they say, these guys will teach you everything there is to know about the Abel Tasman National Park.
- Wilson Abel Tasman – https://www.abeltasman.co.nz/a-dream/ -They take care of the details so you can experince the tranquility of the Abel Tasman National Park.
- Abel Tasman Guides – http://www.abeltasmanguides.co.nz/guided-packages/
Their knowledgeable New Zealand guide will design a walking programme especially for you.
- Abel Tasman Tours and Guided Walks – http://www.abeltasmantours.co.nz/abeltasmantours.php
A great day trip with an easy guided walk, local stories, plenty of variety.
- Abel Tasman Canyons – http://www.abeltasmancanyons.co.nz/
Prepare to laugh (and perhaps cry) slide, jump and zip-line your way through the Abel Tasman National Park. Very cool.
Get in touch with our friendly team today!
Hangar One, 16 College Street Motueka Airport, Motueka New Zealand